This iambic keyer core is written in Verilog and is designed to be a drop-in component of any FPGA-based ham radio project. The core has been tested on an
Actel MicroSemi ProASIC3 FPGA, but is written in portable Verilog RTL and should synthesize readily on any other architecture.
- Supports both Mode A and Mode B keying, selected by an input to the module.
- Dot and dash insertion.
- Keying speed input.
- User-interface features like setting the speed, selecting the mode, and swapping paddles are left up to you.
- Top level module and physical constraints file provided for stand-alone operation.
- Testbench included.
- Short and simple, but thoroughly commented.
- Tested in hardware on an Actel A3PN250Z.
The core is released under the GNU General Public License version 3.